A dental bridge is a type of restorative dental service used for patients who have lost a tooth or multiple teeth and have gaps in their mouths, causing the surrounding teeth to become loose. Dental bridges help fill gaps between a single tooth or multiple missing teeth.
Dental Bridges Near You
A dental bridge is a type of restorative dental service
Type of Dental Bridges in SW Calgary
● Traditional Dental Bridge: This is the most common type of dental bridge. Traditional dental bridges contain one or more artificial teeth that are held in place with dental crowns.
● Cantilever Bridge: This type of dental bridge is a perfect solution for those who only have one natural tooth to use as an abutment, such as the last molar. The only disadvantage of this bridge is that since it is only supported by one tooth, the supporting tooth may loosen over time or become fractured.
● Implant-Supported Bridges: This type of bridge is commonly used on patients who are missing multiple teeth. These bridges are held in place using implants that are secured to the jawbone for maximum stability.
Benefits of Receiving Dental Bridges Near You
The following issues can be addressed by receiving dental bridges:
- Restoring your smile.
- Restoring your ability to chew correctly.
- Hold your remaining teeth in place.
- Readjust your bite.
What is the Recovery Process?
Unlike some surgical procedures, receiving a dental bridge in SW Calgary has a quick and easy recovery process. You will be able to return to your normal activities within a day or two. A common symptom that patients experience post-treatment is tenderness and soreness in the mouth, which is due to your dentist grinding down your teeth to accommodate the dental bridge.
You may also experience slight bleeding in your gums after the procedure. The soreness will subside within a few days. However, the gums may need a few weeks to heal completely. If you decide to receive oral sedation during this procedure, we recommend avoiding driving right after the treatment.
It would help if you also did the following to ensure that your dental bridge stays in pristine shape:
- Know what foods to avoid.
- Practice proper oral hygiene.
- Visit your dentist twice a year to check on your dental bridge.
Dental bridges offer a lasting and effective solution to missing teeth.
If you are interested in receiving a dental bridge in SW Calgary, request a consultation today. At Apple Dental, we offer dental bridges near you!
Book your six-month checkup today
Apple Dental is always accepting new patients. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have the best dental experience. Contact us if you have any questions about booking with our dentist near you!