CEREC technology allows you to receive your restorations in just a single appointment. A reflective powder will be applied to your tooth, and a 3D photo will be taken of your teeth
CEREC Near You
CEREC is a technology used to restore damaged teeth.
What does a CEREC Restoration Procedure Involve?
Before the restoration process, your tooth must be prepared to ensure a successful treatment. Your dentist will take pictures of the affected tooth using the CEREC imaging solution. These images are transposed onto a computer screen and your dentist will view the tooth from every angle to design the perfect restoration. Once the design is complete, it will be transmitted to the milling unit.
A block of ceramic that matches your tooth colour will be inserted into the milling machine which will then create a full crown, onlay or inlay. Your dentist will perform a dry fix before affixing the restoration to the tooth. Once a perfect fit is established, the restoration will be polished and put onto the tooth with a dental adhesive.
Why Choose CEREC?
Here are some advantages of choosing CEREC over traditional crown technology:
- Time: You can receive your CEREC crown on the same day
- Comfort: A temporary crown is not needed
- Aesthetics: CEREC restores your tooth’s natural look
- Strength: The CEREC ceramic crowns are stronger than traditional dental crowns
- Fillings: We can also utilize the CEREC technology and material for dental fillings. Since they are made out of porcelain, they are stronger than regular composite fillings.