Tooth loss can affect more than just your appearance and confidence. Gaps in your smile can make it challenging to speak clearly and maintain a balanced diet. Luckily, there are many restorative dentistry solutions to help bring back your smile and overall health. One of the most popular restorative dentistry solutions is dental bridges in SW Calgary. Read more to learn how dental bridges can benefit you!
What Are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is an artificial tooth that is secured in the mouth using dental crowns attached to the natural teeth on either side of the gap. Usually, the artificial tooth is made from porcelain so that it blends in seamlessly with your smile. There are kinds of dental bridges near you:
- Traditional- these bridges are the most common and are made of a false tooth held in place by dental crowns attached to the teeth on each side of the space created by the missing tooth.
- Maryland- these are a more conservative type of dental bridge that uses a metal framework as an anchor rather than dental crowns.
- Implant-supported- these dental bridges use dental implants as anchors are the most permanent form of dental bridge.
- Cantilever- these dental bridges are almost the same as traditional dental bridges except that they only use one tooth and dental crown as an anchor.
When you visit Apple Dental Group, our dentist in SW Calgary will work with you to determine which type of dental bridge is best for your needs.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer numerous benefits, such as:
- Improved appearance
- Prevention of facial structure changes
- Correction of speech problems
- Improved diet
- Enhanced confidence
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are an excellent choice for anyone looking to close the gaps in their smile and improve their oral health and functionality. Here are some reasons that a dental bridge may be a good solution for you:
- If you are missing a single tooth- a traditional dental bridge is a cost-effective and fast way to replace a single missing tooth. To hold the dental bridge in place, our dentist near you will have to prepare the surrounding teeth for dental crowns. This means that our dentist will have to remove some of the enamel surrounding those teeth so that the dental crown can properly fit over them. Once the dental crowns are placed over these teeth, the artificial tooth in the middle will fill the gap left by the missing tooth.
- If you are missing multiple consecutive teeth- dental bridges are also a great choice if you are missing more than one tooth in the same area of your mouth. In most circumstances, dental bridges can replace 2-3 consecutive teeth.
While dental bridges are an excellent option for many individuals with missing teeth, a dental bridge may not be right for you if you don’t have the following attributes:
- Good oral and overall health
- Healthy gums or gums that have recently been treated
- A strong and healthy jawbone
You must have these qualities so that your mouth can support the dental bridge.
Visit Apple Dental Group
Having missing teeth can cause multiple challenges throughout your life. If you are interested in getting dental bridges to restore your smile and would like to know more about the procedure, please feel free to contact our team of dedicated dental professionals at Apple Dental Group. We are happy to provide our patients with dental bridges, and we will walk you through every step of the procedure. Please contact our clinic to book a consultation today!